As expected, Work has commenced…

Work has begun mapping out the mod I plan to build with the UT3 release. So far it looks like its going to be a military simulation and revolve around reality. While I can already hear a few of my critics complaining about my choice to do so I really don’t want to trouble any of you too much. I have some very fun ideas and above all else I plan to respect the release early, release often mode of development to actually test out much of what I have been preaching to the mod communities that I have contributed to over the years.

Mutators are still in the works, allowing me to learn the engine more and more as I continue development but the overall goal is going to be this mod. Information about the mod is available here.

Thank you all, I have some reading to do so I will catch you later.

staying true to myself

Always a stickler for making development, and deployment for that matter, easy. It shouldn’t be too amazing to any of you that I would put energy into packaging my Mutators in a quick and easy method. I got tired of the process of tracking the files down and raring them individually, so I wrote this tool that allows me to quickly rebuild, and rar the files at the drop of a hat – or rather a double click of the mouse.

She works, give her a try…

UT3 Packaging – 94% Complete

Last night was another fabulously productive evening. I spent the better part of the evening implementing the process that I have grown to hate of grabbing all of my mutators’ information and loading it into an application so it could quickly package the release and let me have a simple process again. So far it is really limited, as I have some pretty strict standards and practices that I follow when naming files, but it works – That being the most important thing. Assuming you choose to follow my standards as well you will find it works for you just as well.

So far the requirements are the .net runtime (I am assuming this to be 2.0 but I don’t know. I’m not using any of the nifty tools or anything.) & 7-Zip, and it is quite simple as it had to complement my development process by making things easier, rather than complicating things. Continue reading “UT3 Packaging – 94% Complete”

Welcoming the New Year.

I am about to take my vacation from gneu in order to spend some time with those who care for me deepest. My friends and family have practically promised to assault me if I bring my laptop with me on this vacation so do not expect any significant updates to the site in the next week and a half. That is to say that the mutators are not going to be developed in the coming week so please bear with me as I get acclimated to the other things that matter in life. I will be in the snow tossing about craziness, reading and practicing my guitar. I hope that I will be able to learn another song than silent night.

In other news, I would like report that my fourth mutator has been released and is in your hands. My previous version of the server advertisement mutator is still available, but the specs provided to me were clearly incorrect considering the responses from all of you viewers and commenter’s. I have not had this much attention since right before I was about to release White, and as such I have to thank you all for lightening up my view on the community of game developers. In the mean time, I am going to look into developing the GUI for the new mutator, although I do not know how it is going to work out because generating controls is not as easy as I would like it to be in UT3. Fear not, I am sure I will wrap my mind around it.

In case I don’t get to wish it to you all, I hope you all stay safe and warm, and dry in some circumstances, this holiday. I will be doing what I can to finish my requirements for December, but I don’t think ill have too much difficulty.

Merry Christmas,
Happy New Year,
Happy Hanukkah,
Happy Kwanzaa,
Happy Holidays…

From one atheist to all of you, regardless of your faith.

Mut-a-Day – 3 mutators in 3 days

The past three days I have been in a haze of UScript. I have learned more in the last weekend about Unreal tournament than I know about my own game and squirrel, and that is a great thing. I spent a good 19 hours starting Friday night and going through to 11pm this evening, pausing only for food and a Red Dwarf marathon with my dad, and have coded out three Mutators for Unreal Tournament. They are all up on the site, ready to roll, working over the internet, configurable, and most of all… they are written by me.

Also of note – my wordpress video tags extension upload has finally been approved.

They are of course all on the software releases page. Go ahead and take a look.