The past three days I have been in a haze of UScript. I have learned more in the last weekend about Unreal tournament than I know about my own game and squirrel, and that is a great thing. I spent a good 19 hours starting Friday night and going through to 11pm this evening, pausing only for food and a Red Dwarf marathon with my dad, and have coded out three Mutators for Unreal Tournament. They are all up on the site, ready to roll, working over the internet, configurable, and most of all… they are written by me.
Also of note – my wordpress video tags extension upload has finally been approved.
They are of course all on the software releases page. Go ahead and take a look.
The last two weeks I have been developing a couple of mutators for Unreal Tournament 3 and although my simple mutator, only about 20 lines of code mind you. It went without a hitch for the first large portion, actually coding the mutator’s effects, but I have tripped up quite badly as of late in trying to get the mutator to work over the internets. This is going to be a journey through a few of my notes on UT Development and quite possibly some thoughts on the matter of comparing HL2 with Source.
Continue reading “Developing in Unreal has its perks, and its also got its issues”
I finally set up the automatic backup for every portion of my site, including the wiki and forums. I spent about 4 hours configuring the app to run itself properly and email me like I want it to and so forth, but now its on autopilot so woo hoo!
Secondly, some of you may have already noticed a release was made this past week. I know its simple but I would love to hear your thoughts on the mutator as it is my first and as such is extremely simple.
I have also been doing quite a bit of work on the wiki in the last week. It looks like I am going to be able to get back into my books and tutorial writing sooner than I had expected, and since everything I do is backed up, it will be that much more fun to do it without worrying about my fucking host being dumb again.