I have just realized that I have been keeping the door to development on BetterTech quite locked down. Development has continued, opening up a few interesting roads and connecting me with a handful of very interesting people. Bravo me!
Alpha 1 is all about world gen, controls and setting up the initial state of the player. Below you will see a summary of the issues that were closed.
Change Log – Alpha 1
- Redo base models as skeletal meshes to allow for animation later.
- Start work on a BaseTile Class
- World Entities Collision Channels
- Picking of world entities
- CHEAT – AddCapital & SetCapital
- Day Phase Controller
- Block input when in cinematic or in pause state
- HUD – Display Available Jobs
- World Gen – Current Property Layout
- World – Generic Tiles
- World – Tile Specifications
- Gameplay – Subtract funds when jobs are completed
- AI – Agent Job Selection
- AI – Agents
- AI – Job Filtering
- AI – Jobs Listing
- HUD – Current Time
- HUD – Player Floor
- HUD – Player Role
- HUD – Player Capital
- Player – Current Floor
- Player – Add the ability to switch to Build Mode
- Player – Roles defined
- PlayerState to retain capital
- Gameplay – Initial funds granted at random
- Camera – Mouse scroll wheel to control camera zoom.
- Camera – Movement Keys move spectator view relative to camera orientation